Twice-Baked New Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub potatoes thoroughly with a brush; pat dry. Prick potatoes with a fork. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Let stand about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a slice off the top of each baked potato;* discard skin from slices and place pulp in a large bowl. If necessary, cut a small slice off the bottoms of the potatoes so they stand upright. Using a melon baller, scoop out potato pulp from potatoes; add to the bowl. Set potato shells aside.
- Mash the potato pulp with a potato masher or an electric mixer on low speed. Add sour cream, chives, mustard, salt, and smoked paprika. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spoon the mashed potato mixture into the potato shells. Place filled shells in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese melts. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
From the Test Kitchen
If the potatoes are on the large side, cut them in half crosswise.
For a lighter recipe, use reduced-fat sour cream.
Nutrition Facts (Twice-Baked New Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 153 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 254 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.