Tuscan Appetizer Spiadini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- For dressing, in a small screw-top jar combine oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine beans, olives, and basil. Toss with the remaining dressing. Cover and chill bean mixture until needed.
- For the spiedini, cut the bread, soppressata, and Pecorino cheese into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes. On twelve 6-inch skewers, thread the bread, soppressata, Pecorino,* artichokes, and tomatoes. Brush the reserved 2 tablespoons dressing on the pieces on the skewers, making sure the bread is evenly coated.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or just until bread starts to brown on the edges (do not let the cheese get too melty). Meanwhile, spoon the bean mixture onto a serving platter or divide among individual appetizer plates. As soon as the spiadini are done, immediately arrange on the platter or place one skewer on each plate atop the bean mixture. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Carefully skewer the cheese so it does not break.
Nutrition Facts (Tuscan Appetizer Spiadini)
- Per serving:
- 185 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 16 mg chol. ,
- 575 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.