Turkey Kabobs with Orange-Mustard Glaze
- For marinade, in a small bowl, stir together orange juice, mustard, and thyme. Peel and trim shallots, leaving stem ends intact. Cut shallots lengthwise in half; quarter any large shallots. In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine shallots, turkey, squash and tomatoes. Pour marinade over turkey and vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Place in a shallow bowl. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain turkey mixture, reserving marinade. On 18, 10- to 12-inch metal or bamboo* skewers, alternately thread turkey, shallots, and squash pieces, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece and leaving 2 inches at the pointed end of each skewer. Sprinkle kabobs with salt and pepper. Set tomatoes aside.
- For a charcoal grill, grill kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes, turning once. Brush with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill 7 to 11 minutes more or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once and adding a tomato to the end of each skewer for the last 2 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Transfer kabobs to a serving platter; sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with grilled oranges and/or additional fresh parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If using bamboo skewers, soak in enough water to cover for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Kabobs with Orange-Mustard Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 192 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 70 mg chol. ,
- 343 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.