- Using 2-1/2- or 3-inch large cookie cutters, cut shapes from both bread and meat. Reserve bread scraps for Crunchy Treats.
- Layer bread, cream cheese, nuts, and meat.
From the Test Kitchen
To tote for lunch: Pack chilled sandwich in an insulated lunch box with an ice pack.
- Tear remaining bread into bite-size pieces. Adult help may be needed for the following steps.
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Spread the cubes in an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Drizzle butter mixture over bread; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring the mixture once.
- Cool, then crunch away!
Nutrition Facts (Shapely Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 46 mg chol. ,
- 654 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 11 g pro.