- Thaw turkey in refrigerator, allowing 24 hours for every 5 pounds.
- Prepare Sausage-Cornbread Stuffing; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse turkey inside and out; drain and pat dry with paper towels. Spoon some of the stuffing into the neck cavity. Pull the neck skin over stuffing; fasten to back with a skewer. Loosely spoon stuffing into body cavity (no more than 3/4 cup per pound of turkey). (Place any remaining stuffing in a 3-quart casserole; cover and chill. Bake stuffing alongside turkey for 45 minutes or until heated through.) Tuck drumstick ends under the band of skin across the tail or tie the drumsticks securely to the tail. Twist wing tips under back, if desired.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of an inside thigh muscle without the thermometer touching bone. Cover turkey loosely with foil.
- Roast turkey for 3-3/4 hours. Cut string or band of skin between drumsticks so thighs will cook evenly. Uncover; roast 30 to 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 180 degrees F to 185 degrees F and stuffing registers at least 165 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Transfer to serving platter. Place bay leaves, fresh cranberries, key limes, kumquats, clementines and tangerines around turkey to garnish, if desired.
- For marmalade glaze, in a small saucepan combine marmalade, honey, lemon juice, and mustard. Cook and stir until heated through. Spoon 1/3 of the mixture over the turkey; pass remaining sauce. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare marmalade glaze as directed. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Reheat before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Marmalade-Glazed Turkey)
- Per serving:
- 860 kcal ,
- 32 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 339 mg chol. ,
- 1262 mg sodium ,
- 51 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 87 g pro.