Individual Turkey Stuffing Casseroles
- Coat eight 10-ounce ramekins or a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium saucepan bring the 1 cup water to boiling. Stir in sweet pepper, rice, and onion. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine stuffing mix and the 2 cups water. Stir in eggs, turkey, and half of the soup. Stir in cooked rice mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared ramekins or baking dish. (To serve today, omit Step 3. Continue as directed in Step 4, except bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes for ramekins, 35 to 40 minutes for baking dish, or until heated through [165 degrees F].)
- Cover ramekins or baking dish with plastic wrap, then with foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight (casseroles may still be a bit icy).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If frozen, remove plastic wrap; re-cover with foil. For ramekins, bake, covered, for 30 minutes, remove cover, and bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through (165 degrees F). For baking dish, bake, covered, for 75 minutes, remove cover, and bake about 15 minutes more or until heated through (165 degrees F). Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine the remaining soup, the sour cream, and milk. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in sherry. Spoon sauce over individual casseroles or large casserole.
Nutrition Facts (Individual Turkey Stuffing Casseroles)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 150 mg chol. ,
- 811 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.