- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil. Combine squash, 1 Tbsp. oil, and salt in pan. Toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove; let cool. Reduce oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in an 8- to 9-inch cast-iron skillet* heat 2 tsp. oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in cream; bring to boiling. Remove from heat.
- In a Dutch oven heat remaining 2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add chard; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until wilted. Drain chard in a colander, pressing gently to remove excess liquid. Return chard to Dutch oven. Stir in squash, turkey, cheese, and chopped sage. Add chard mixture to onion mixture in skillet; stir to combine.
- Unfold phyllo dough; remove one sheet. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Brush phyllo with some of the melted butter. Fold in half to make a 79-inch rectangle. Place on top of chard mixture in skillet. Repeat with remaining phyllo, brushing lightly with butter between folded sheets and rotating slightly to stagger corners. (Sheets may tear a little.) Brush with remaining butter. Using a sharp knife, cut a few slits in phyllo.
- Bake 15 minutes or until top is golden. Sprinkle with sage leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't have an 8- or 9-inch cast iron skillet, use a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Use the Dutch oven to cook the onion and garlic mixture in step 2; remove and set aside. Cook chard mixture as in step 3. Add onion mixture to turkey mixture. Transfer to the casserole dish. Continue with step 4, layering the phyllo over the mixture in the casserole dish.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey-Sage Spanakopita)
- Per serving:
- 436 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 102 mg chol. ,
- 486 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.