Turkey Meatballs in Pesto Pasta Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 4 tablespoons of the pesto and the egg. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate, forming a crust. In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons pesto; spread over the top and up the sides of the pasta crust.
- In a large saucepan stir together Turkey Meatballs, pasta sauce, olives, and the water. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon meatball mixture into pasta crust.
- Cover pie loosely with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
From the Test Kitchen
To store the extra meatballs, arrange meatballs in clean baking pans, making sure meatballs do not touch. Cover loosely; freeze until firm. Divide meatballs among two freezer bags or airtight containers; seal or cover. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an extra-large bowl combine eggs, bread crumbs, onion, Parmesan cheese, dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and ground black pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape turkey mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs in two 15x10x1-inch baking pans. Place baking pans on separate oven racks. Bake about 20 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Makes 3 portions (about 30 meatballs per portion).
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Meatballs in Pesto Pasta Pie)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 153 mg chol. ,
- 770 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.