Turkey Meatball Grinder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a blender or food processor combine undrained diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, 1/4 cup of the sauce, and bread crumbs. Add turkey and mix until combined. Form mixture into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Place meatballs in prepared baking pan. Bake about 15 minutes or until no longer pink (165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sweet pepper and onion in hot oil over medium heat about 8 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining sauce. Heat through. Add meatballs and stir gently to coat with sauce.
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil split buns 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 minute. Line buns with cheese slices. Broil about 1 minute more or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Place three meatballs in each bun. Top with sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Use a hot dog bun for crumbs. Place in a food processor and pulse with several on/off turns to form crumbs.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Meatball Grinder)
- Per serving:
- 364 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 98 mg chol. ,
- 600 mg sodium ,
- 43 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 31 g pro.