Turkey Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet cook turkey over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up turkey with a wooden spoon. Stir in garlic, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon of the five-spice powder; cook about 5 minutes more or until turkey is no longer pink. Using a slotted spoon transfer turkey mixture to a bowl; set aside.
- In the same skillet cook broccoli, onion, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder about 4 minutes or just until broccoli and onion are tender. Stir in the turkey mixture; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon about 1 tablespoon Spicy Peanut Sauce on each lettuce leaf. Divide turkey-broccoli mixture among lettuce leaves. Squeeze a lime wedge over the turkey-broccoli mixture on each wrap. If desired, top with cilantro. Fold in the two opposite sides of the lettuce leaf; fold one of the remaining sides over the filling and tuck it under the other side. Serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Before shredding the broccoli, consider peeling the stalks, especially if they seem tough. Shred broccoli in the food processor fitted with a coarse shredding blade or use a manual shredder. Or, use purchased shredded broccoli.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, peanut butter, water, and vegetable oil. Heat over medium-low heat just until bubbly and mixture looks smooth (it will look a little curdled before this stage), stirring frequently. Season to taste with Asian chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 44 mg chol. ,
- 160 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.