Turkey-Jicama Salad with Lime Dressing
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and shake well to combine. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add turkey tenderloins to bag. Seal bag; turn to coat tenderloins. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally. Cover and chill remaining dressing.
- Drain turkey, discarding marinade. For a charcoal grill, place turkey on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 18 to 22 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place turkey on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Let turkey stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a very large bowl combine salad greens, jicama, radishes, and red onion. Add most of the chilled dressing. Toss to coat. Arrange on a large serving platter. Top with avocado and mango. Thinly slice the turkey and place on greens. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
From the Test Kitchen
Use a food processor to quickly slice the radishes.
You can substitute 1 cup chopped, drained refrigerated mango slices for the fresh mango, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Turkey-Jicama Salad with Lime Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 403 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 70 mg chol. ,
- 186 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 34 g pro.