Tuna with Grilled Cherry Vinaigrette and Couscous
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes. Thaw tuna, if frozen. Thread cherries onto long skewers. Grill cherry skewers, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes or until cherries are lightly charred, turning once. Remove from skewers. Halve half of the cherries; set aside.
- For marinade, in a blender or food processor combine remaining cherries and next seven ingredients (through cayenne pepper). Cover and blend or process until smooth. With blender or processor running, slowly add oil in a steady stream until thickened.
- Rinse tuna; pat dry. Place tuna in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Remove half of the marinade for vinaigrette; cover and chill until ready to serve. Pour remaining marinade over tuna. Seal bag; turn to coat tuna. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in reserved cherries, spinach, and hazelnuts.
- Drain tuna, reserving marinade. Grease grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes, turning and brushing once with marinade.
- Slice tuna. Drizzle vinaigrette over tuna and couscous and sprinkle with ricotta salata.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast hazelnuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown, stirring once to brown evenly. Cool slightly. Place the warm nuts on a clean kitchen towel; rub with the towel to remove the loose skins.
Nutrition Facts (Tuna with Grilled Cherry Vinaigrette and Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 675 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 14 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 81 mg chol. ,
- 802 mg sodium ,
- 66 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 52 g pro.