- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large saucepan cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; return noodles to pan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan melt the 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add celery, sweet pepper, and onion; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add milk all at once; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly, whisking to remove any lumps if necessary.
- Gently stir sauce and tuna into cooked noodles in large saucepan. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-quart casserole. In a small bowl combine panko, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and the 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Cheesy Tuna-Noodle Casserole:
Prepare as above, except add 1 cup cheddar cheese cubes (4 ounces) to the noodles with the tuna.
Prepare as above, except substitute two 6-ounce cans skinless, boneless salmon, drained, for the tuna.
Nutrition Facts (Tuna-Noodle Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 513 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 113 mg chol. ,
- 986 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 33 g pro.