- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1-1/2-quart casserole; set aside. In a large saucepan cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; return noodles to pan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook sweet pepper, celery, and onion in 1/4 cup hot butter over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add milk all at once; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Gently fold sauce and tuna into cooked noodles. Transfer noodle mixture to prepared casserole. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, and melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Cheesy Tuna-Noodle Casserole:
Prepare as directed, except add 1 cup cheddar cheese cubes (4 ounces) with the tuna.
Per 1 cup: 407 cal., 21 g total fat (12 g sat. fat), 97 mg chol., 811 mg sodium, 28 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 26 g pro.
Nutrition Facts (Tuna-Noodle Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 331 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 77 mg chol. ,
- 694 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.