Trisha Yearwood's Vegetable Pies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and saute for 2 minutes; don't let it brown. Add onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and1/4 tsp. each of the salt and pepper. Cook until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Divide the mixture in half.
- Mix the mayonnaise and cheeses and set aside. Layer the sliced tomatoes in the bottom of the baked piecrusts. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the remaining salt and pepper. Layer the squash mixture on top of the tomatoes, then layer the water chestnuts. Top each pie with half of the mayonnaise and cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Allow the dish to stand for 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Trisha Yearwood's Vegetable Pies)
- Per serving:
- 393 kcal ,
- 31 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 472 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.
Milli Denney 1947 Days Ago
The "deep dish pie shells", are they available in any supermarker or grocery store? Or do I have to make them myself?
Jamie Money 1985 Days Ago
I made this last night for book club and my friends were debating who got the last piece! Few changes: I did not use minced garlic (because I thought I had some in the fridge and did not). I also did not use water chestnuts simply because I forgot to buy them! I added some parmesan cheese when sauteing the veggies. I also added some basil and thyme on top of the tomato slices (because basil complements tomatoes extremely well). I probably added extra cheese - didn't measure. And pretty sure I used a little less than a cup of mayo. My pies looked pretty similar to the pics. They're so colorful! I will definitely be making this again and my book club all wants the recipe now!
Kim MacArthur 1987 Days Ago
really good! I only made 1 pie, but still used 1 zucchini, 1 squash, 1 onion and all the cheese mixture! will definitely make again!
Patricia Hoyt 1994 Days Ago
This recipe is very yummy. I only wanted one pie so I was going to cut recipe in half, but I had cooked up the garlic, onion and zucchini for two pies so I used all of it anyway. I may have had more cheese than the recipe called for. I needed to use up some mozzarella I had.My pie didn't look at all like the picture because of the cheese over the veggies, but it was golden brown crispy and very yummy. I am not sure how you could get it to look like the picture if you follow the recipe because it says to put the tomatoes in the bottom with the squash and the water chestnuts and top it with the cheese