Triple Peanut Butter Streusel Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- For crust, in a large bowl stir together oats, the 1 cup flour, the 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, the 1 teaspoon baking powder and the 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of crumb mixture for topping. Stir peanuts and peanut butter-flavored pieces into the 1 cup reserved topping mixture; set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool crust in pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir the 1 cup brown sugar, the 1/4 cup butter, and the peanut butter over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the 1-1/4 cups flour, the 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and the 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Drop in very small mounds evenly over crust in pan. Sprinkle with the reserved topping mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool bars in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars.
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and enough of the milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over bars. Let stand until set. Place bars in box; close box.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Triple Peanut Butter Streusel Bars)
- Per serving:
- 251 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 26 mg chol. ,
- 134 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 22 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.