Recipes and Cooking Triple-Ginger Cookies Be the first to rate & review! If you love the flavor of ginger, these are without question the next cookie you need to bake. Ground ginger and crystallized ginger in the dough and rolled in a homemade ginger sugar offer three times the flavor you love. By Sandra Granseth Updated on December 10, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Carson Downing Hands On Time: 30 mins Total Time: 2 hrs Servings: 48 Yield: 48 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ¾ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon ground cloves ½ cup finely snipped crystallized ginger ½ cup shortening ¼ cup butter, softened 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1 egg ¼ cup dark molasses ¾ cup Ginger Sugar or granulated sugar Ginger Sugar ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh ginger ¾ cup granulated sugar Directions In a medium bowl stir together flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Stir in crystallized ginger. In a large bowl beat shortening and butter with a mixer on medium 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg and molasses. Beat in flour mixture. Chill, covered, 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets. Place Ginger Sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in Ginger Sugar to coat. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Let cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Let cool on wire racks. Makes 48 cookies. Ginger Sugar In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh ginger and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Let stand 1 hour (sugar will clump slightly from moisture in ginger). Place mixture in a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl; stir gently so sugar will be separated from ginger. Discard ginger. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 88 Calories 3g Fat 14g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 48 Calories 88 % Daily Value * Total Fat 3g 4% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 6mg 2% Sodium 76mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 14g 5% Total Sugars 10g Protein 1g Vitamin C 0mg 0% Calcium 10mg 1% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 39mg 1% Folate, total 10.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.