- In a medium heavy saucepan heat and stir the 12 ounces semisweet chocolate over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese until mixture is combined. In a small bowl stir together coffee crystals and the water; add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until smooth. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Using two spoons, drop the truffle mixture into 1-inch mounds on prepared baking sheet. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm. Roll mounds into smooth balls.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy medium saucepan heat and stir the 1-1/3 cups milk chocolate pieces and the shortening over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Using a fork, dip balls into chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into saucepan. Return truffles to baking sheet; chill about 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small heavy saucepan heat and stir the 2 ounces dark chocolate and/or white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. (To use both dark chocolate and white baking chocolate, melt each one in a separate heavy small saucepan.) Drizzle melted chocolate over tops of truffles. Chill for a few minutes or until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Place truffles in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Triple-Chocolate Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 15 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Ruth S 629 Days Ago
IF made for gifts how long will they keep?
Eva Brunson Tackett 638 Days Ago
Where did the cute plastic boxes come from? I can't find anything like them online.