- In a 2-quart saucepan combine chocolates and butter. Heat and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugars and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until color lightens slightly. Beat in melted chocolate. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; beat until combined. Stir in pecans. Cover surface of cookie dough with plastic wrap. Let stand for 20 minutes (dough thickens as it stands).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake about 9 minutes or just until tops are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks and let cool. Spoon Chocolate Drizzle over cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Big Triple-Chocolate Cookies:
Prepare as directed, except drop 3-tablespoon mounds of dough per cookie 3 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 13 minutes. Makes about 18 cookies.
Per cookie: 307 cal., 19 g total fat (2 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat), 61 mg chol., 63 mg sodium, 37 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
Exchanges: 2.5 Other Carb., 4 Fat
- In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces with shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts (Triple-Chocolate Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 92 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 18 mg chol. ,
- 19 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.