Triple Chocolate Cake with Malted Crunch
- Line two 9x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Grease pans; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with electric mixer on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each. Beat in melted unsweetened chocolate and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and 1 1/2 cups milk, beating on low after each addition until thoroughly combined
- Divide batter between prepared pans; spread evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place one layer on serving plate. Add a layer of buttercream. Add cake layer, press 1/3 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls into sides of buttercream. Pour warm Ganache over top. Then sprinkle with 1/2 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat 6 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, beating well. Slowly beat in 5 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to desired consistency.
- In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add semisweet chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Triple Chocolate Cake with Malted Crunch)
- Per serving:
- 555 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 79 mg chol. ,
- 282 mg sodium ,
- 85 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 63 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Lauri Lowary 1897 Days Ago
I made this for my Mother in Law's Birthday and it was a huge hit, I didnt even get a chance to take a picture. Very easy to make. I would make this again =)