Tomato-Topped Corn and Feta Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Cut corn kernels from cobs; set aside. Add the eggs, half-and-half, mustard, garlic, marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the large bowl and whisk well. Stir in bread cubes. Set aside until needed, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes or until tender and golden brown in spots. Stir into bread mixture. Stir in olives and half of the feta cheese. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Crumble remaining feta cheese over the top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set (a knife inserted near center comes out clean).
- Halve any large tomatoes. Place tomatoes in a 9-inch pie plate or other shallow baking dish. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with marjoram, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. After corn pudding has baked for 20 minutes, add tomatoes to oven.
- Remove corn pudding and tomatoes from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve corn pudding warm topped with a spoonful of tomatoes and the juices.
From the Test Kitchen
To make a main dish
Stir in 2 cups chopped cooked chicken before baking.
Spread cubes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Loosely cover and let stand overnight, or bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cubes will continue to dry as they cool.
If you prefer a more moist bread pudding, do not dry the bread.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts (Tomato-Topped Corn and Feta Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 300 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 163 mg chol. ,
- 663 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.