Three Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing
- In medium skillet heat the 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Set aside.
- For salad dressing, in a small bowl combine vinegar and sugar, stirring to dissolve. Whisk in mustard. Add the 3 tablespoons oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking to combine; set aside.
- In a covered large saucepan combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Stir in salt; bring to boiling. Boil potatoes 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; transfer to a large bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, toss with cooked onion, spinach, and olives. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand to wilt spinach. After 2 minutes, add salad dressing and toss until ingredients are coated. Serve warm or at room temperature.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute pickled green beans for the olives.
Prepare as directed, except substitute 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar for the white balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup chopped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) for the olives. Add 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham and 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges, to the salad; toss. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Three Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 145 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 362 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.