Thai Pork Satay
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat across the grain into 1/4-inch slices. If using loin roast, cut slices to make 3x1-inch strips. Place meat in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, oil, and garlic. Pour marinade over meat. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Satay Sauce. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Drain meat, discarding marinade. Thread meat accordion-style onto wooden* or metal skewers.
- For a charcoal grill, grill meat skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place meat skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- If desired, arrange meat skewers on cucumber and/or carrot strips. If desired, garnish sauce with chopped peanuts. Serve meat skewers with sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for at least 30 minutes before using.
- In a food processor or blender combine coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, and red pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Pork Satay)
- Per serving:
- 333 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 66 mg chol. ,
- 813 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 32 g pro.