Thai Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Cut chile peppers in half lengthwise.* Remove stems and seeds from peppers; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine peanut butter, milk, soy sauce, garlic, and curry powder; whisk until smooth. Add chicken, cream cheese, and cilantro, stirring until well mixed. Using a small spoon, divide the filling evenly among the pepper halves.
- Cut each slice of bacon into eight pieces. Place one bacon piece on top of filling in each pepper half. Place pepper halves on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is hot and bacon is crisp.
From the Test Kitchen
Large pepper variation:
Omit the jalapeno chile peppers and use four fresh Anaheim or poblano chile peppers. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and stem and seed as directed.* Prepare filling as directed, except use 2 cups chopped cooked chicken. Fill pepper halves as directed. Bake about 25 minutes or until filling is hot and bacon is crisp. Makes 8 servings (1 pepper half each).
Nutrition Analysis: 144 calories, 13 g protein, 6 g carb., 7 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 6% Vitamin A, 243% Vitamin C, 111 mg sodium, 3% calcium, 10% iron
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1.5 lean meat, 1 fat
Carb. Choices: .5
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Chicken Stuffed Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 108 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 101 mg sodium ,
- 2 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.