Teriyaki Pork with Asian Slaw
- Trim fat from meat. Coat an extra-large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook meat in hot skillet until brown on all sides. Transfer meat to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, reserving cooking liquid. Cut meat into 1/2-inch slices.
- To serve, drizzle meat with cooking liquid. If desired, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with Asian Slaw.
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, sweet pepper, carrot, pea pods, and green onions. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts (Teriyaki Pork with Asian Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 55 mg chol. ,
- 731 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.
BHGTestKitchen 987 Days Ago
Hi, Kathy. I'm Colleen from the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen staff. Thanks for your comments on this recipe. Glad you loved the pork. Please know that we test every recipe that you see on our web site and this one was no exception. We will take another look at the slaw to evaluate the flavor. Again, thanks for the feedback!
Kathy Clay 988 Days Ago
The pork was delicious! And I will make it again. The slaw on the other hand was horrible. It was pretty much tasteless except for the sesame oil taste. The proportion of rice vinegar with the exact same amount of the oils is wrong. I think the recipe needs to be reworked. It was not good:(