Red, White, and Blue Tart
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. For crust, generously grease the bottom of an 11x8x1-1/2-inch rectangular tart pan with a removable bottom or an 11- to 12-inch pizza pan; lightly grease sides. With floured hands, pat half of the dough onto bottom and up the side of the pan.
- For cookies, on a lightly floured surface roll out the remaining half of the dough to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Using small star cutters, cut into shapes. Place cutouts on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll trimmings and cut. Sprinkle half with coarse sugar.
- Bake crust and cookies until golden, allowing 4 to 5 minutes for small cookies and 12 minutes for crust. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl combine condensed milk, sour cream, lemon or lime peel, and juice. Stir about 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Cover and chill until ready to assemble tart.
- To assemble tart, loosen and remove sides of pan from crust, if desired. Transfer crust to a platter, leaving bottom of pan under crust. Before serving, spread filling onto crust. Top with berries and cookies. Cut into squares. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Decorate cookies that don't fit on the tart with canned frosting tinted red or blue.
Nutrition Facts (Red, White, and Blue Tart)
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 213 mg sodium ,
- 48 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g pro.