Peanut Butter and Chocolate Shortbread Tart
- Prepare Chocolate Shortbread Crust. Press dough evenly into bottom and sides of a 10- to 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom and sides of tart shell with a fork. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until crisp and edges are beginning to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the 3/4 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light. Beat in 1/4 cup of the cream. In a medium bowl beat 3/4 cup of the cream with electric mixer on high speed just until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Fold in chopped peanuts. Pour filling into the cooled pastry shell and spread evenly. Freeze the tart 30 minutes or until firm.
- For glaze, heat remaining 1/2 cup cream over medium-low heat until hot. Add chocolate pieces; remove from heat. Whisk until melted and smooth. Set glaze aside to cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the 3 tablespoons peanut butter and 3 tablespoons cream until smooth. Place peanut butter mixture in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Spread chocolate glaze in a thin layer over filling. Cut a tiny corner from bag containing peanut butter mixture; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of chocolate. Using a wooden toothpick or tip of a sharp knife, pull tip through peanut butter, starting from center and pulling to edge of pan. Repeat to create 8 to 10 evenly-spaced lines in a weblike pattern. Chill 30 minutes or until glaze sets. Makes 20 servings.
Chocolate Shortbread Crust
- In a food processor bowl* combine all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt. Cover and process until combined. Add cold butter, cut into 8 pieces. Process until mixture is the texture of cornmeal. In a small bowl beat together egg yolk and vanilla. Drizzle egg mixture over flour mixture. Process just until dough begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
From the Test Kitchen
For hand-mixed method, in a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. In a small bowl beat together egg yolk and vanilla. Drizzle egg mixture over flour mixture. Form the mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Shortbread Tart)
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 60 mg chol. ,
- 150 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g pro.