Recipes and Cooking Ginger Pear Galette 4.5 (12) 2 Reviews Puff pastry's flaky crust is similar to handmade pastries traditional to French tarts or galettes. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 18 mins Total Time: 43 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1/2 of a 17-1/2-ounce package (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry 1 slightly beaten egg white 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour 2 tablespoon granulated sugar 2 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel 2 tablespoon butter 3 large pears, halved, cored, peeled and thinly sliced Whipped cream (optional) Crystallized ginger (optional) Directions Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to a 14x11-inch rectangle. Trim to a 12x10-inch rectangle. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Prick pastry with a fork. Build up the sides slightly by folding in about 1/2 inch of pastry on edges. Brush edges with egg white. Crimp or decorate edges with cutouts from pastry trimmings. Brush again with egg white. In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon ginger, and lemon peel. Cut in margarine or butter until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle half of the ginger mixture over pastry. Arrange pear slices on top, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the remaining ginger mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and pears are tender. Serve warm. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream and additional crystallized ginger. Makes 8 servings. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 247 Calories 13g Fat 33g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 247 % Daily Value * Total Fat 13g 17% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 156mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 33g 12% Protein 2g Vitamin C 2.4mg 12% Iron 0.4mg 2% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.