Dried Pear and Chocolate Caramel Tart
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions. Unroll pie crust. Ease into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim pastry even with rim of pan. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or just until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine dried pears and pear nectar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes more or until mixture is thickened.
- Spoon pear mixture into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with Crumb Topping.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate. Cool completely. To serve, remove tart from pan. Cut into wedges and place on dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with caramel topping. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake tart as directed; cool. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Let tart stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Nutrition Facts (Dried Pear and Chocolate Caramel Tart)
- Per serving:
- 458 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 294 mg sodium ,
- 80 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.