Tare-Glazed Sesame Peas and Shiitakes
- For tare sauce,* in a small saucepan combine first seven ingredients (through fish sauce). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Cool and strain, discarding solids.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil. Place pea pods and mushrooms in prepared pan. Drizzle with both oils and sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt; toss to coat. Roast 15 to 18 minutes or until pea pods are tender and light brown on edges.
- Drizzle pea mixture with 2 Tbsp. of the tare sauce (reserve remaining sauce for another use) and sprinkle with green onions.
From the Test Kitchen
Or instead of making the tare sauce, in a small bowl combine 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, 1 Tbsp. water, and 2 tsp. packed brown sugar.
Since sugar snap peas weigh more than snow peas, you'll have different weights to yield 3 1/2 cups. You can also use a mixture of sugar snap and snow peas if you like.
Store tare sauce, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Tare-Glazed Sesame Peas and Shiitakes)
- Per serving:
- 117 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 549 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.