Recipes and Cooking Tangy Sour Cream and Onion Dip Be the first to rate & review! It's not a party without a dip recipe. This one gets its delectable creaminess from a combination of sour cream, Greek yogurt, and mayo. By Hannah Agran Hannah Agran Instagram Hannah has worked at magazines for nearly two decades, most recently as executive editor of Midwest Living, where she oversees about food, travel, home, garden and culture. An award-winning writer and editor, she helms all of the magazine's food and recipe content and has collaborated with dozens of chefs and cookbook authors. She has also served as the magazine's deputy editor, senior food editor, and assistant travel editor. Since 2002, she has written, produced, and edited hundreds of stories for print and digital magazines. Additionally, she develops original recipes for Midwest Living and other brands, such as Better Homes & Gardens. Her culinary passions are vegetable-forward cooking and baking and exploring flavors from around the globe. A lifelong traveler and avid home cook, Hannah has translated those passions into an award-winning career. She has written about foraging for ramps and tapping maple trees with James Beard-recognized chefs, baking challah in rural Minnesota, trekking to a secret diner in northern Wisconsin, making vodka from grapes in Michigan, and searching for shipwrecks in Lake Huron. Hannah graduated Summa Cum Laude from Brandeis University with a Bachelor of Arts in American studies and minors in journalism, Spanish and art history. She held internships at Cincinnati Magazine and The Atlantic. She has also completed a University of Iowa Summer Writing Festival workshop. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 9, 2019 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Carson Downing Hands On Time: 30 mins Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins Servings: 12 Yield: 1 1/2 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped onion Pinch sugar Pinch salt 1 clove garlic, minced ½ cup sour cream ½ cup mayonnaise ½ cup plain Greek yogurt Black pepper Crisp cooked bacon, crumbled, and/or fresh snipped chives (optional) Directions In an 8-inch skillet heat oil over medium-low. Add onion, sugar, and salt. Cook about 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until onions are golden and caramelized. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl; let cool 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, and yogurt. Season with black pepper. Chill at least 2 hours before serving or up to 24 hours. If desired, top with crumbled bacon and snipped chives. Makes 1 1/2 cups. To Make Ahead Dip can be made up to 24 hours ahead. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 113 Calories 11g Fat 2g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 12 Calories 113 % Daily Value * Total Fat 11g 14% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 113mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Total Sugars 1g Protein 1g Vitamin C 1.1mg 6% Calcium 23mg 2% Iron 0.1mg 1% Potassium 33mg 1% Folate, total 3.5mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.