Tangy Apricot-Rosemary Streusel Bars with Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly grease foil; set pan aside.
- For crust, in a large bowl stir together flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, rosemary, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture for topping. Press the remaining mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, drain apricots, reserving 1/4 cup of the syrup. In a medium saucepan combine apricots, the reserved syrup, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the water, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Spoon apricot mixture evenly over hot crust. Combine the reserved crumb mixture and pine nuts; sprinkle over apricot mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes more or until filling is bubbly around the edges and topping is light brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For icing, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough of the milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over uncut bars. Let stand until icing is set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Tangy Apricot-Rosemary Streusel Bars with Pine Nuts)
- Per serving:
- 181 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 165 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.