Recipes and Cooking Tangerine-Poppy Seed Quick Bread 5.0 (1) This easy bread recipe doesn't taste simple, thanks to tangerine juice, poppy seeds, and tangerine peel, but it is! In fact, you can prep this quick bread recipe in just 20 minutes. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 1, 2014 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 20 mins Bake Time: 50 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 20 mins Servings: 16 Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup sugar 2 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 cup milk ¼ cup vegetable oil 1 tablespoon finely shredded tangerine peel 2 tablespoon tangerine juice 1 tablespoon poppy seeds 2 tablespoon sugar 2 tablespoon tangerine juice 1 tablespoon butter Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, the 1 cup sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside. In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, oil, tangerine peel, 2 tablespoons tangerine juice, and poppy seeds. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for tangerine glaze, in a small saucepan combine the 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons tangerine juice, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove bread from pan. Poke holes in top of warm bread with a wooden skewer; slowly brush with tangerine glaze. Cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 164 Calories 5g Fat 27g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 16 Calories 164 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 15mg 5% Sodium 121mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 27g 10% Total Sugars 15g Protein 3g Vitamin C 1.8mg 9% Calcium 40.4mg 3% Iron 0.9mg 5% Potassium 51mg 1% Folate, total 32.3mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.