Swirls-of-Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and the 2 tablespoons sugar; stir in melted butter. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. (Use the bottom of a 1/2-cup dry measuring cup to press cookie mixture evenly into pan.)
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the vanilla, and peppermint extract; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in milk until combined. Stir in eggs until combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust, spreading evenly. Drop red food coloring in random spots over cream cheese mixture. Using a thin metal spatula, swirl slightly to marble (to ensure clean layers, be careful not to swirl food coloring too deeply into the batter).
- Bake about 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, cut into bars, wiping knife with a damp paper towel between cuts. Sprinkle with crushed candies.
From the Test Kitchen
*Tip: (DESIGN DELETE THIS IN LAYOUT WHEN ADD AS TIP WITH PHOTO)
If you prefer, use 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, omit sugar, and use 3 tablespoons melted butter.
Do not sprinkle with crushed candies. Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Sprinkle with crushed candies before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Swirls-of-Peppermint Cheesecake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 140 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 45 mg chol. ,
- 120 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.