Crowd-Pleaser Cinnamon Rolls
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour and yeast. In small saucepan, combine milk, water, the 1/2 cup sugar, oil, and salt. Heat; stir over medium heat till just warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F).
- Add milk mixture and egg yolks to dry mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl often. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough thats smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes). Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough to form a 14x12-inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter or margarine. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting from long side. Seal seam. Slice into 12 pieces. Place in greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm place till nearly doubled (20 minutes).
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly; remove from pan. Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. Serve rolls warm or cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 rolls.
Cream Cheese Icing
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in milk. Gradually add powdered sugar until icing is spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Crowd-Pleaser Cinnamon Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 427 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- 62 mg chol. ,
- 188 mg sodium ,
- 58 g carb.
chefette18 661 Days Ago
I give this 5 stars although it only marked 3...so sorry. I did tweak the recipe slightly by adding vanilla bean into the liquid, using half brown sugar and regular sugar in the Cinnamon mixture and increased rising times. I've made it 4 times now...once adding sliced firm bananas on top of the sugar mix then rolling....mmmmm good!
Greta Beach 1669 Days Ago
Do you sift the flour? Hardly ever do I find a recipe that tells you if the flour is sifted or not. Thanks!