Sweet Riesling Pickled Radishes
- Wash radishes; trim off radish tops and roots. Cut radishes into 1/4-inch slices. In a large nonmetal bowl stir together the 2 1/2 cups water and salt; add radishes. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Pour radish mixture into a colander set in a sink. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a medium stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick heavy saucepan combine wine, vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, cloves, and allspice. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Pack radishes into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Pour hot vinegar mixture over radishes, distributing the whole spices evenly and maintaining the 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 5 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Riesling Pickled Radishes)
- Per serving:
- 35 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 608 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.
halfnelson79079 190 Days Ago
I have made these, same directions. Delish!! I do have a question, these and the garlickey mix veggies, can they be processed like the, crock dill pickles? I sold all of my canning gear when down sizing. Now I am craving, home pickled veggies!!! Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!raf