Sweet Potato-Topped Turkey Cranberry Soup
- In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the turkey; cook until browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining turkey.
- Stir in the next four ingredients (through garlic). Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If using low, turn to high. Stir in sweet peppers and cranberries. Cover and cook 45 minutes more or until peppers are tender. Top servings with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
Test Kitchen Tip
Make this after the big Thanksgiving meal and use the leftover mashed sweet potatoes instead of making them from scratch.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- In a large saucepan bring potatoes to a boil in lightly salted water, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to pan. Add butter and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add sour cream, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato-Topped Turkey Cranberry Soup)
- Per serving:
- 541 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 105 mg chol. ,
- 750 mg sodium ,
- 58 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 41 g pro.