Sweet Potato Quesadillas with Cucumber Relish
- In a medium bowl combine beans, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno and chile pepper; set aside. For cucumber relish, in another bowl combine cucumber, radishes and remaining cilantro; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook sweet potato in lightly salted boiling water, covered, for about 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; drain. Return potatoes to saucepan; coarsely mash. Stir in cumin.
- Spread sweet potato mixture over half of each tortilla. Top each with bean mixture, spinach, green onion, and cheese. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling, pressingly gently.
- Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas, two at a time, for 6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once halfway through cooking. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges. Serve with cucumber relish and Greek yogurt sprinkled with paprika, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Wear gloves when handling hot peppers because volatile oils can burn skin and eyes. Wash immediately if hands touch seeds or membranes.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato Quesadillas with Cucumber Relish)
- Per serving:
- 461 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 19 mg chol. ,
- 1167 mg sodium ,
- 67 g carb. ,
- 29 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.