Sweet Potato-Chorizo Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For sweet potato sauce, place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven; cool. Peel; discard skin. Transfer to a food processor. Add milk, lime juice, and cumin. Cover; process until smooth. Set aside.**
- In a large skillet, break up chorizo with a wooden spoon and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until cooked through (160 degrees F). Remove from heat. Drain fat; set chorizo aside.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions or until tender, but still firm (al dente). Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Drizzle bottom of a 3-qt. rectangular baking dish with olive oil. Arrange 3 noodles in a single layer atop oil. Spread with one-fourth of the sweet potato mixture. Spoon with one-fourth of the chorizo over sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with one-fourth of the green onion and cilantro. Top with one-fourth of the cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with a piece of parchment brushed with olive oil, coated side down; seal tightly with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is golden brown and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Because this lasagna has a thick sauce, we don't recommend using no-boil noodles.
Store sweet potato sauce in the refrigerator for up to 3 days ahead of assembly.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato-Chorizo Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 684 kcal ,
- 41 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 18 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 96 mg chol. ,
- 1184 mg sodium ,
- 46 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.