Sweet Corn Risotto With Basil and Bacon
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling; reduce heat to simmer.
- Add onion to reserved drippings in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Add wine; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in rice.
- Transfer rice mixture to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in broth, corn, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once. Stir in butter.
- Top with crumbled bacon and basil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Corn Risotto With Basil and Bacon)
- Per serving:
- 395 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 797 mg sodium ,
- 59 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 11 g pro.
Lisa Robbins 844 Days Ago
Delicious once it's ready, and easy to make - BUT this took almost 2 hours in my slow cooker... way longer than what is indicated here. Slow cookers are all different but I've never had a cook time vary by that much before. Yummy though, and will definitely make again whilst planning for a longer cook time!
Angelique Goetz 1163 Days Ago
Dear BHG,Please, please make your recipes print on one page. This may seem like a small thing, but is annoying enough to me that I did not print & make this recipe.