Recipes and Cooking Sweet and Spicy Meatballs with Mango Salsa Be the first to rate & review! Make a double batch of this mango salsa to serve with tortilla chips. By Recipe by Fabio Viviani Updated on January 14, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 22 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 6 Yield: 24 meatballs Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ⅓ cup whole milk ⅓ cup fine dry bread crumbs 8 slices bacon, chopped 1 medium onion, finely chopped 12 cloves garlic, minced (2 tablespoons) 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper or 2 Tbsp. minced marinated Calabrian peppers ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon pepper 1 ½ pound ground beef, 80% lean 1 pound ground pork 2 eggs ¼ cup snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley 2 tablespoon olive oil Mango Salsa Mango Salsa ¾ cup chopped fresh mango and/or papaya ¼ cup chopped red sweet pepper 3 green onions, sliced 2 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon minced fresh shallot Salt and ground black pepper Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl combine milk and breadcrumbs; set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add Worcestershire and deglaze the pan by scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Add ground cumin, crushed red pepper, and dried thyme; cook 1 minute more. Add onion mixture to the soaked bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Add salt and ground black pepper. Add beef, pork, bacon, eggs, and parsley to the bread crumb mixture; mix well. Shape mixture into twenty-four 2-inch meatballs and arrange in prepared pan. Brush with olive oil. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until cooked through (160°F). Serve with Mango Salsa. Mango Salsa Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 163 Calories 12g Fat 2g Carbs 10g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 6 Calories 163 % Daily Value * Total Fat 12g 15% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 52mg 17% Sodium 128mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Total Sugars 1g Protein 10g Vitamin C 1.4mg 7% Calcium 22mg 2% Iron 1.1mg 6% Potassium 168mg 4% Folate, total 7.8mcg Vitamin B-12 0.8mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.