Surprise-Inside Chocolate Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium until smooth. Add the next three ingredients of the pumpkin bread (through egg) until smooth; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the next six ingredients (through salt). In a large bowl whisk together the next five ingredients (through egg). Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture all at once and stir just until combined. Spread into the prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over pumpkin mixture. Use a knife or thin metal spatula to swirl the mixtures together.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for chocolate bread, grease and flour 2, 9x5-inch loaf pans. In a very large bowl beat the sugars and butter together with a mixer until smooth. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and sour cream. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Alternately add the wet and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating until just combined after each addition. Stir in chips, if desired.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch pumpkin-shape cookie cutter, cut 18 pumpkins out of the pumpkin bread. Spread about 1/2 cup of the chocolate batter in bottom of each prepared loaf pan. Stand pumpkin cutouts close together lengthwise down the center of each loaf pan. Carefully spoon remaining chocolate batter to the side and over the pumpkins in loaf pans; spread evenly over top of each. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and remove from pans. Cool completely. Wrap and chill overnight before slicing. If desired, drizzle with chocolate. Chill to store.
From the Test Kitchen
TK- this one may need some major volume adjustments to not have too much left over cake/batter, feel free to adjust as you see fit!
Nutrition Facts (Surprise-Inside Chocolate Bread)
- Per serving:
- 370 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 88 mg chol. ,
- 362 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 27 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.