Surprise Chocolate Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cookie dough and cocoa powder in a large resealable plastic bag and knead to combine. In a medium bowl stir together powdered sugar and peanut butter until combined. Using floured hands, shape peanut butter mixture into thirty 1-inch balls.*
- Using 1 tablespoon cookie dough for each cookie, make an indentation in the center. Press a peanut butter ball into indentation and form dough around ball to enclose it; roll ball gently in your hands to smooth it out.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten balls slightly with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
For easier handling, freeze the peanut butter balls for 30 minutes. Flatten the balls slightly to form disks, then press cookie dough around them.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Surprise Chocolate Bites)
- Per serving:
- 121 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 2 mg chol. ,
- 72 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.