Sugar-Free Blueberry-Strawberry Jam
- Place 1 cup of the blueberries in an 8- to 10-quart heavy pot. Use a potato masher to crush the berries. Continue adding blueberries and the strawberries and crushing until you have 6 cups crushed berries. Stir in the water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Gradually stir in pectin.
- Bring berry mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off any foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks.
From the Test Kitchen
Jams and jellies need some time to set up after processing. Wait about 2 weeks before serving jams, jellies, and preserves.
Nutrition Facts (Sugar-Free Blueberry-Strawberry Jam)
- Per serving:
- 7 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 0 mg sodium ,
- 2 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.