Succotash Salad with Buttermilk-Avocado Dressing
- Cut corn kernels from cobs; set kernels aside. Discard cobs. In a small saucepan bring 1 cup of lightly salted water to boiling. Add lima beans and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add corn to saucepan. Simmer about 3 minutes or until tender; drain. Set aside.
- For dressing, in a blender combine buttermilk, avocado, parsley, salt, onion powder, dry mustard, pepper, and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into a small pitcher.
- Line a large platter or four serving plates with the lettuce. Arrange chicken, crumbled bacon, corn, lima beans, onion, and cheese in rows on lettuce. Serve with dressing.
From the Test Kitchen
Or use frozen whole kernel corn and frozen lima beans, cooked according to package directions.
**To grill chicken:
Lightly season 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
Nutrition Facts (Succotash Salad with Buttermilk-Avocado Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 375 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 87 mg chol. ,
- 692 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 36 g pro.