Recipes and Cooking Strawberry Shortbread Be the first to rate & review! Who doesn't love a delicious strawberry shortbread recipe? These easy shortbread cookies are drizzled with a pretty pink strawberry glaze, making these shortbreads the perfect dessert. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on August 31, 2016 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 45 mins Freeze Time: 1 hrs Bake Time: 12 mins Total Time: 45 mins Yield: about 54 2-inch cookies or 108 1-1/2-inch cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 tablespoon strawberry preserves 1 cup butter, softened ½ teaspoon almond extract 2 ⅔ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup granulated sugar ⅛ teaspoon salt 1 recipe Strawberry Glaze Coarse sugar (optional) Strawberry Glaze 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves 2 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon milk additional milk Directions Snip any large pieces of fruit in the strawberry preserves. In a large bowl beat butter, strawberry preserves, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap; shape mixture into a 6-inch log. Wrap and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Add butter mixture, breaking or cutting log if necessary to fit in bowl. Cut butter mixture into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling together. Knead dough until smooth; form dough into a ball. (Dough will eventually come together during kneading from the warmth of your hands.) Divide dough in half. Roll each portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out dough rounds or squares with a scalloped-edge 1-1/2- to 2-inch cookie cutter. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes for 1-1/2-inch cookies or 14 to 16 minutes for 2-inch cookies or until edges just start to brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely. Spread tops of cookies with Strawberry Glaze; if desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Let stand until set. Strawberry Glaze In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave strawberry preserves on 50 percent power about 30 seconds or until melted; snip any large pieces in the preserves. Stir in powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk using a wire whisk. Stir in enough additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a smooth glaze of spreading consistency. To Store: Place cookies in layers separated by pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, if frozen, before serving. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 84 Calories 4g Fat 12g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 84 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 9mg 3% Sodium 31mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 12g 4% Total Sugars 7g Protein 1g Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 9mg 0% Folate, total 12.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.