- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a standard-size (3 1/2-inch) doughnut pan* or twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together next five ingredients (through salt). In a large bowl mash together 1/2 cup of the strawberries and the banana. Stir in next five ingredients (through vanilla) until smooth. Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture. Gently stir in remaining 1/2 cup strawberries.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag. Using scissors, cut off a corner; squeeze batter into prepared pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Smooth tops with a greased spoon.
- Bake 15 minutes or until doughnuts are nearly firm when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack 3 minutes. Turn doughnuts out of pan onto wire rack; cool completely. Top with Chocolate Drizzle or Cream Cheese Drizzle. Let stand until drizzle is set.
From the Test Kitchen
If necessary, bake doughnuts in doughnut pan in two batches, washing pan and coating again with cooking spray before filling with the remaining batter.
Cream Cheese Drizzle
Thin 2 oz. cream cheese with milk, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, to a drizzling consistency. Drizzle doughnuts with cream cheese; let stand until set.
Melt 2 oz. dark chocolate. Drizzle doughnuts with chocolate; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Banana Donuts)
- Per serving:
- 160 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 16 mg chol. ,
- 148 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.