Strawberry and Rhubarb with Cheesecake Cream
- In a medium bowl stir together rhubarb, strawberries, and strawberry jam. Let mixture stand at room temperature while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- Meanwhile, for Cheesecake Cream, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until sugar is dissolved. While beating on medium speed, gradually add whipping cream. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Layer about 1/2 cup each fruit mixture and Cheesecake Cream into eight 8-oz. canning jars.
- Serve right away or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serve with shortbread cookies, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If using frozen rhubarb, stir frozen rhubarb together with jam and strawberries and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until rhubarb has thawed. Stir before using. Assemble as above.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry and Rhubarb with Cheesecake Cream)
- Per serving:
- 378 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 93 mg chol. ,
- 117 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
giovannpizzin 60 Days Ago
Haven¿t actually made this because raw rhubarb is gross and crunchy like celery. You would be wasting your ingredients. My suggestion is to make a compote of the berries and rhubarb. Then later it with the cream cheese mix. Perhaps add some crumbled graham crackers too.
jncoyle 469 Days Ago
Rhubarb is hard and crunchy like celery. It should be cooked first.