Strawberries and Cream Pancakes
- In a medium bowl combine strawberries, orange peel, and 1/4 cup orange juice. Cover and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl stir together flours, seeds, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl use a fork to combine milk, egg, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- For each pancake, pour 2 tablespoons batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Spread batter to an even layer if necessary. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown; turn over when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Keep pancakes warm in a 200 degrees F oven while making the rest.
- To serve, in a small bowl combine cream cheese and 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice; spread evenly over pancakes. Top with strawberries.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for this recipe.
**Test Kitchen Tip:
If you cannot find the Greek cream cheese, make your own. In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup softened light tub-style cream cheese with 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberries and Cream Pancakes)
- Per serving:
- 158 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 242 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.