Stovetop Savory Ham & Veggie Oatmeal
- In a large saucepan bring broth to boiling. Stir in oats. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until oats are tender and mixture is thickened and creamy.*
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shallow baking pan toss broccolini with 1 tablespoon of the oil and a little salt and pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender and starting to brown, stirring once.
- In a large skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
- Stir cheese into oat mixture until melted and creamy. Stir in pepper mixture, ham, wheat germ, and parsley. Spoon into a serving dish. Top with broccolini.
From the Test Kitchen
At this point you can transfer the oats to an airtight container, cover, and chill overnight. Reheat in the saucepan, covered, with 1/4 cup water and continue with step 2.
Nutrition Facts (Stovetop Savory Ham & Veggie Oatmeal )
- Per serving:
- 427 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 45 mg chol. ,
- 1147 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.